Harris W. Davidson joined Rosenberg & Estis, P.C. in 2022 and is an Associate with the firm's Litigation Department.
Davidson litigates complex commercial matters in federal courts, New York state courts and arbitral bodies. He represents a range of real estate entities, including commercial development companies, owners and Fortune 500 businesses in disputes, corporate dissolutions and matters of regulatory compliance. As a sophisticated negotiator, Davidson works towards mitigating and eliminating client exposure by achieving successful early resolutions. When litigation is unavoidable, Davidson brings to bear his formidable skills as a litigator and trial attorney to put his clients in favorable positions to win.
Prior to joining Rosenberg & Estis, Davidson was an Associate at a boutique commercial litigation firm and an Associate at an AmLaw 100 firm. Following law school, Davidson was a prosecutor at the Miami Dade State Attorneys' Office.
- Researched, drafted, and argued a motion for summary judgment in a real estate action in New York state court.
- Drafted and argued a motion to dismiss in a multi-million-dollar breach of contract action in New York state court.
- Obtained a multi-million-dollar global settlement on behalf of a commercial landlord in a lease dispute.
- Researched and drafted pleadings and motions on behalf of a Fortune 500 company in a high stakes breach of contract and embezzlement JAMS arbitration and communicated directly with the client's general counsel.
- Managed the collection and review of over 900,000 documents in a complex business dispute action.
- Drafted a demand letter on behalf of an investor in a securities fraud action in Delaware federal court.
- Deposed a high-ranking executive officer in a million-dollar fraud action in New York state court.
- Researched and drafted pleadings and motions in RPAPL proceedings on behalf of large commercial landlords.
- Researched and drafted an appellate brief in a deceptive practices action in Wisconsin state court.
- Successfully negotiated over 35 favorable settlement agreements in products liability and breach of warranty actions.
- First or second-chaired 20 jury and 23 bench trials. Drafted and orally argued pre-trial motions, conducted voir dire, conducted direct examination of witnesses, cross-examined defendants, and delivered opening and closing arguments.
- Taken and defended over 100 depositions, including depositions of expert witnesses.
Areas Of Practice
- New York, 2018
- Florida, 2015
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 2022
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 2022
- Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, District of Columbia
- J.D. - 2015
- Honors: Georgetown Journal of Law and Modern Critical Race Perspectives, Senior Editor; Barristers’ Council (Moot Court and Mock Trial) Managing Director; Global Teaching Fellow; Extern for U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, the Hon. Barbara J. Rothstein; Extern for U.S. Dept. Of Justice, Criminal Division, Public Integrity Section; Extern for U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia, Criminal Division, Major Crimes Unit.
- The George Washington University
- B.A. in Political Science - 2012
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Office of Senator Richard Blumenthal, Intern; Office of Congressman Jim Himes, Intern