Jason A. Gil joined Rosenberg & Estis, P.C. in 2023 and is an Associate with the firm’s Litigation Department.
Gil’s practice involves litigating matters relating to real property disputes, including but not limited to boundary disputes, Article 78 proceedings, landlord/tenant proceedings and foreclosure proceedings. He has participated in all stages of the litigation process, such as drafting various motions and opposition papers, conducting discovery, arguing motions and appearing in Supreme, Civil, District and Administrative Courts throughout New York State. Gil has also represented national retailers, commercial developers, residential developers, gasoline service stations and other local New York businesses in all aspects of zoning and land use, including site development, variance approvals, environmental, title, and permitting. He is a zealous advocate for his clients and always puts his client’s needs first.
Prior to joining Rosenberg & Estis, Gil was a Senior Associate with Brown, Altman & DiLeo, LLP.
- Successfully represented a commercial landlord in a landlord/tenant dispute by obtaining a judgment of possession on a summary judgment motion against a commercial tenant auto body shop.
- Successfully obtained site plan approval and variance relief on behalf of a major national fast-food restaurant chain for the construction of a fast-food restaurant facility.
- Successfully defended an Article 78 Proceeding filed against a major regional petroleum retailer by the owner of its neighboring property which challenged the site plan approval and other variance approvals granted by the zoning boards of the local village.
Areas Of Practice
- Commercial Lease Disputes
- Landlord / Tenant Disputes
- Zoning & Land Use
- Administrative Law
- New York, 2015
- New York Law School, New York, New York
- J.D. - 2014
- Honors: Center for Real Estate Studies
- University of Maryland
- B.A. in Government and Politics - 2011
Pro Bono Activities
- Sanctuary for Families
- Suffolk County Bar Association, Member