Larry R. Mergentime joined Rosenberg & Estis in 2004 and is a Member with the firm's Transactions Department.
Larry’s practice covers all areas of transactional real estate, including the acquisition, disposition, leasing, development and financing of office buildings, shopping centers, multi-family residential buildings, hotel properties and high-end residential/vacation properties. During the course of his 23 years in transactional real estate practice, Larry has developed specialized expertise in the purchase, sale and financing of multifamily properties, as well as in office and retail leasing. Larry also has significant experience representing developers in various phases of New York City development projects.
- Handle and manage all leasing for a Class-A Financial District office building owner, which has included several hundred thousand square feet of leasing over the last few years.
- Represented Atlas Capital Group in the $140 million acquisition and financing of 15 Park Row, a 31-story, 330-unit Beaux Arts, landmark rental apartment building. Home to the old J&R Music World.
- Represented Clover Park Development LLC, a joint venture between Klövern AB of Sweden and GDS Development Management (GDSNY), in its acquisition of 417 Park Avenue, a 14-story, full-service cooperative at the southeast corner of 55th Street. The acquisition included the purchase of the building's 29 units for the aggregate price of $184,000,000, pursuant to separate contracts with individual shareholders. R&E handled the negotiation of the contracts of sale with the shareholders, the preparation and negotiation of post-closing occupancy agreements and the coordination of 29 pre-closings in 4 days in advance of the closing.
- Represent The Durst Organization on all phases of its joint venture, acquisition, development and financing of the 2.5 million square feet Halletts Point waterfront project in Astoria (which is to include 2,400 market-rate and affordable apartments over 5 buildings).
- Represented The Durst Organization on the acquisition and financing of the development site of Queens Plaza Park in Long Island City, which is now a 77-story, 1,000 unit, 1 million square foot residential tower.
- Represented The Durst Organization in connection with various transactions (note purchase, note financing, deed-in-lieu acquisition, refinancing, etc.) relating to the East Harlem development site at 1800 Park Avenue in Manhattan.
- Represented a family group in the $58M sale of 305 East 11th Street and 310 East 12th Street to Meadow Partners.
- Represented a family group in the sale of Manhattan multi-family portfolio in 4 transactions totaling $55M.
- Represent a multifamily investor in the sale, purchase and financing of multifamily communities throughout the southeastern United States o Durham, North Carolina:
- Represented seller in the sale of a 108-unit multifamily community in Durham, North Carolina for ~$17M.
- Nashville, Tennessee: Represented Seller in the ~$30M sale of a 200-unit multifamily community in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Atlanta, Georgia: Represented seller in the ~$30M sale of a 144-unit multifamily community in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Charlotte, North Carolina: Represented purchaser in the ~$58M purchase and related Freddie Mac financing for adjacent 285-unit multi-family communities in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Represent owners in connection with the leasing of various retail properties to luxury brands, restaurant, fitness, apparel, etc. tenants.
- Represent a food and beverage operator in the leasing/management of hotel properties in Manhattan.
- Representation of Mactaggart Family & Partners Ltd. in the purchase of various commercial properties.
- Representation of a national shopping center investor in the purchase and sale of retail properties across the United States, including New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Florida, Missouri, Alabama and Ohio.
- Represent developer/investment group in the acquisition, financing, structuring and development of 3 multi-family buildings in Astoria, Queens.
- Represent purchasers and investors of high-end/luxury real estate, including local condominium and cooperative apartments and vacation homes.
Areas Of Practice
- Acquisitions & Sales
- New York, 2001
- Brooklyn Law School, Brooklyn, New York
- J.D. - 2000
- Honors: cum laude
- University of Michigan
- B.A. - 1997
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association, Real Property Law Section, Member