Jean S. Tom joined Rosenberg & Estis, P.C. in 2000 and is of counsel with the firm's Transactional Department. Tom represents clients in all aspects of transactions involving the acquisition, disposition, leasing, licensing and financing of commercial and residential real estate properties and related assets. Tom regularly prepares, reviews and negotiates non-disclosure agreements, brokerage, service and property management contracts with outside vendors on behalf of building owners. She also handles all types of real estate lending transactions, representing financial institutions in connection with loans secured by office and retail properties, with an emphasis on complex construction and permanent financings.
Tom has extensive experience in representing real estate owners in connection with negotiations of telecommunication agreements for rooftop space atop New York City office towers and residential real property. She has also represented various office and retail tenants in leasing transactions for commercial and residential properties in the metropolitan area.
As lead attorney of the residential practice group, Tom represents purchasers and sellers in the acquisition and disposition of commercial and residential properties in New York and other major metropolitan areas across the country.
- Represent major New York City developers and commercial and residential owners in the drafting and negotiation of television and radio broadcast telecommunications and rooftop antenna system license agreements.
- Represent commercial landlords in New York and nation-wide metropolitan areas in the drafting and negotiation of office leases.
- Represent banking institutions in connection with acquisition, construction and permanent loans secured by properties located across the United States.
- Represent investors in various 1031 exchange transactions on the national level, including the sale of a building in New York City's Greenwich Village and the purchase of a retail mall in central Florida.
- Represent owner in the sale of a commercial building in Chicago, Illinois.
- Represent sponsor/developer in the sale of sponsor-owned cooperative units within sponsor's Manhattan portfolio.
Areas Of Practice
- Transactional Law
- Real Estate Financing/Banking
- Real Estate Leasing
- New York, 2004
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2016
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, New York, New York
- J.D. - 2000
- Columbia University
- B.A. - 1996
- Honors: cum laude
- Of Counsel