Jason R. Davidson joined Rosenberg & Estis, P.C. in 2003 and is a member with the firm's Litigation Department. He handles commercial and residential landlord-tenant matters, contract and lease disputes, and complex real estate and construction litigation in state and federal courts.
Mr. Davidson has litigated cases in Federal District Court and in New York State trial and appellate courts, including the New York State Court of Appeals. He has also represented clients before various New York City administrative agencies, including the New York City Loft Board, the Office of Administrative Trial and Hearings, the Environmental Control Board, and the Board of Standards and Appeals.
Mr. Davidson started his legal career as an Assistant District Attorney in the trial division and in the special investigation bureau of the Manhattan District Attorney's office, prosecuting criminals and investigating international narcotics and money laundering organizations.
Mr. Davidson is a member of the Association of the Bar of the City of New York. He serves on the judicial screening committee of LeGal Law Association of Greater New York and on the Board of Directors of the Hetrick-Martin Institute.
Originally from El Salvador, Jason is fluent in Spanish. He holds a Bachelor of Arts Degree from the State University of New York at Albany and a J.D. from the American University, Washington College of Law, where he was a participant in the International Human Rights Law Clinic and the international studies program at the University of Chile School of Law.
Areas Of Practice
- Rent Regulation & Administrative Law
- Litigation (Commercial)
- Litigation (Real Estate)
- Landlord Tenant Law
- Loft Law
- New York, 1997
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 2002
- American University, Washington College of Law, Washington, District of Columbia
- J.D. - 1996
- State University of New York at Albany
- B.A. - 1993
- Gordon v. Board of Managers, 36 Misc.3d 1210(A), 2012 WL 2914168 (Table), 2012 N.Y. Slip Op. 51245(U) (Sup Ct. N.Y. Cty 2011)
- 936 Second Avenue, L.P. v. Second Corporate Development Co., Inc. et al, 82 A.D.3d 446, 917 N.Y.S.2d 865 (1st Dep't 2011)
- The Helena Associates v. EFCO Corporation, 2009 WL 2355811 (S.D.N.Y.)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Edison Properties, LLC
- IGI/Izaki Group Investment USA
- New York Downtown Hospital
- Rose Hill Property Assoc., Inc./Tan Holding Corp.
- Sedesco, Inc.
- New York City Bar Association, Member
- LeGal Law Association of Greater New York, Member
- Need To Protect Your Neighbor’s Property? It’s Going To Cost You., New York Law Journal, March 25, 2022