Elizabeth M. Owen (née Brown) joined Rosenberg & Estis, P.C. in 2018 and is Of Counsel with the firm’s Litigation Department.
Owen represents commercial and residential real estate owners and developers in complex litigation matters before Civil, State and Federal Courts. She has obtained substantial judgments, after inquests, and has successfully defended clients in Human Rights cases filed with New York City and New York State. Owen has participated in every stage of the trial process and prevailed in trials. She has additional experience litigating and obtaining judgments of possession, representing commercial and residential parties in mediations and negotiating commercial leases. Owen has also successfully handled applications for Substantial Rehabilitation with DHCR and Certification of No Harassment with HPD.
Owen earned a J.D. from the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, with concentration in Intellectual Property, in 2013, and a bachelor’s in communications from the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 2010, where she was recognized for her leadership, earning honors from the Order of Omega Honor Society and a University of Wisconsin-Madison Leadership Certificate. She is admitted to practice in the U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York and the U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York.
Areas Of Practice
- Loft Law
- Administrative proceedings, including Office of Administrative Trial and Hearings
- Human Rights Law / Reasonable Accommodation Requests
- Landlord / Tenant Disputes
- Rent Stabilization Issues: Coverage, Rent Overcharge, Substantial Rehabilitation and Regulatory Comp
- DHCR Proceedings and Audits
- Certificates of No Harassment
- New York, 2014
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 2019
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 2019
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, New York, New York
- J.D. - 2013
- University of Wisconsin - Madison
- B.A. - 2010
- Honors: Order of Omega Honor Society; National Society of Leadership & Success
- Honors: University of Wisconsin-Madison Leadership Certificate
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association
- New York City Bar Association