David J. Rosenberg joined Rosenberg & Estis, P.C. in 2023 and is Counsel with the firm’s Transactions Department. His practice focuses on New York City zoning, land use, and government relations. He regularly advises developers, institutions, and multigenerational property owners on a wide range of zoning and land use issues, including transfers of development rights, rezonings, special permits, variances, environmental review, site selection, massing and use studies, and compliance issues.
In addition to his advisory and transactional work, Rosenberg manages a full range of discretionary land use applications before the City’s land use agencies, including the City Planning Commission and Board of Standards and Appeals.
Rosenberg also leverages his network of relationships in and around New York government and politics to properly advise clients of the latest trends in New York City land use policy, as well as develop effective outreach strategies for their projects.
At Rosenberg & Estis, Rosenberg works with the firm’s litigation and administrative law departments to provide additional subject matter expertise in disputes involving complex land use issues.
Prior to joining Rosenberg & Estis, Rosenberg was an Associate with Phillips Nizer LLP. Before that, Rosenberg started his career at one of the city’s premier zoning and land use boutiques.
Areas Of Practice
- NYC Zoning and Land Use
- New York, 2018
- Fordham University School of Law, New York, New York
- J.D. - 2017
- Honors: Louis J. Lefkowitz Memorial Scholarship
- Brooklyn College (CUNY), Brooklyn, New York
- B.A. in Biology - 2014
- Honors: City University Board of Trustees
- Honors: Dean’s List
- Honors: Student Government President
- New York City Bar Association (Committee on Land Use, Planning and Zoning (2019 - Present)
- Obtained City Planning Authorizations to facilitate the $289 million refinancing of an 800-unit residential development on the East River Waterfront.
- Represented developers in a rezoning to facilitate Brooklyn’s largest privately funded affordable housing development.
- Represented a high-profile supporting housing provider in the planning and development of a new flagship facility in the Bronx.
- Represented the one of the city’s largest Jewish umbrella organizations to rezone an underutilized property to generate a new revenue source.
- Successfully managed a complex multi-year construction access dispute with New York State agencies on behalf of a Bronx property owner.
- Defended litigation challenging a 130-year-old easement on behalf of a Harlem homeowners association.
- Obtained a first of its kind variance to facilitate a new 60,000 day habilitation facility for adults with developmental disabilities in Brooklyn.