Benjamin Koblentz joined Rosenberg & Estis, P.C. in 2017 and is Of Counsel with the firm's Litigation Department.
Koblentz' practice involves advising clients and litigating complex commercial, governmental and regulatory matters in both state and federal courts.
Koblentz graduated from Colgate University (cum laude) with his Bachelor of Arts Degree in Political Science and History in 2006 and earned his J.D. from The University of Texas School of Law in 2011.
Prior to joining Rosenberg & Estis, Koblentz was an Associate with Bracewell LLP.
- Represented a large brokerage firm in connection with parallel SEC and DOJ investigations involving allegations of securities fraud.
- Represented a major international shipping firm in an OFAC investigation conducted by the Department of Justice.
- Represented a private equity fund alleged to be the alter ego of one of its portfolio companies, a Brazilian cargo airline. Allegations in two separate actions include breach of aircraft lease agreements and breach of contract claims brought by a co-investor.
- Represented a large insurance company in a coverage dispute with a multinational corporation involving a directors and officers liability policy.
- Represented a securities broker-dealer in a FINRA disciplinary proceeding and secured a favorable pre-hearing settlement.
- Represented a videogame publisher in a lawsuit brought by former Panamanian military dictator Manuel Noriega alleging violation of California's statutory and common law right of publicity, unjust enrichment, and violation of California's unfair competition law.
- Represented a solar power development company in a contract dispute involving a large commercial property owner and development rights to a solar renewable energy project.
- Represented an organization of residents in a zoning dispute with a nonprofit sponsor of public shelter and outpatient treatment facilities.
- Represented a former shareholder of a beverage company in a dispute involving an intellectual property assignment agreement, fraudulent marketing and false advertising.
- Represented a household consumer products company in a trademark/trade dress infringement and false advertising action.
- Represented an insurance company whose employees served as third party witnesses in a DOJ investigation into stranger originated life insurance policies.
- Represented the mortgage division of a multinational bank against alleged municipal law violations.
Areas Of Practice
- Commercial Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Landlord Tenant Law
- New York, 2012
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- The University of Texas School of Law, Austin, Texas
- J.D. - 2011
- Colgate University, Hamilton, New York
- B.A. - 2006
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Colgate Political Union
- Honors: Pi Sigma Alpha (National Political Science Honor Society)
- Major: Political Science and History
- Delaware Court Holds Interested Directors Liable for ‘Fairer Price’ in Going Private Transaction, Transaction Advisors, September, 2015
- The Mounting Threat From Counterfeits, Today’s General Counsel, June/July, 2015
- The Criminal RICO Enterprise via Salerno, Milken and Cianci, 2 DUQ. CRIM. L. J. 33, 2010
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- New York State Bar Association
- American Society of International Law
- The New York Center for Law and Justice, Board of Directors