Arielle Frost joined Rosenberg & Estis, P.C. in 2011 and is a member with the firm's Transactional Department. Ms. Frost’s practice involves all aspects of commercial real estate transactions, with a particular emphasis on joint ventures and real estate development transactions. Ms. Frost is also highly experienced in retail and office leasing, purchase and sale transactions, and mortgage, mezzanine and preferred equity financings.
- Served as lead counsel representing Hyatt Equities L.L.C. in the negotiation of a Purchase and Sale Agreement and related documents for the sale of the Grand Hyatt New York, including documentation of the purchaser’s obligation to include a new Grand Hyatt in its redevelopment at the site. This transaction involved a lengthy negotiation, careful planning, and coordination with co-counsel in various disciplines, including condominium matters, tax and litigation.
- Representation of The Durst Organization on all phases of its joint venture, acquisition, development and financing of the 2.5 million square feet Halletts Point waterfront project in Astoria (which is to include 2,400 market-rate and affordable apartments), including the negotiation of joint venture operating agreements, development agreements, various agreements with City agencies, construction loan financing, EB-5 preferred equity financing, and extensive title work.
- Representation of an institutional investor in a joint venture to acquire an office complex in Philadelphia for $328 million, and obtaining a $240 million mortgage loan and a $60 million mezzanine loan for the acquisition.
- Representation of Somerset Partners in the $450 million sale of a trophy office building at 1801 K Street N.W. in Washington, D.C.
- Representation of an owner-operator of a property in Brooklyn in connection with a joint venture with a major development group to develop the site into a 200-plus unit rental apartment building with retail and community facility space.
- Representation of a major developer in the joint ventures, acquisitions and financings for two hotel development projects in Manhattan.
- Representation of Mactaggart Family & Partners Ltd. as investor member in a joint venture with a major real estate investment manager to acquire and develop property in West Palm Beach, Florida.
- Representation of The Durst Organization in a $50 million note on note financing relating to property in Long Island City.
- Representation of Black Hawk Healthcare LLC in the financing of ten nursing home facilities in the State of Iowa through a term loan and revolving line with NBH Bank.
- Representation of a real estate developer in connection with the negotiation of a joint venture for the ownership and development of 244 and 246 West 18th Street, New York, NY, and in connection with the financing of the same with a loan made by Emerald Creek Capital.
- Representation of a major developer in making a loan to the owner of a development site in Jersey City and obtaining a purchase option to acquire the site.
- Representation of a real estate investor in various matters concerning its Manhattan office building, including leasing office space, refinancing the building and access agreements.
- Representation of a developer in the acquisition and financing of various sites in Queens, which will be developed as residential new construction.
- Representation of subsidiaries of Rubicon US REIT in the sales of GSA-leased properties across the United States.
- Representation of Quinlan Development Group in connection with the financing of numerous sites in Manhattan and Brooklyn.
- Representation of the fee owner of the Terminal Commerce Building in Philadelphia in connection with the sale thereof.
- Representation of multi-property owner in connection with the leasing of various retail spaces throughout Manhattan.
- Representation of the owner of a retail condominium unit in a lease to Capital One Bank, N.A.
- Representation of a national shopping center investor in the purchase and sale of retail properties across the United States.
- Representation of the tenant in the leasing of a full floor at the Hippodrome Building.
- Representation of New York Trans Harbor LLC, d/b/a New York Water Taxi, owned by The Durst Organization, in the sale of the New York Water Taxi business to a subsidiary of New York Cruise Lines, Inc.
Ms. Frost received her bachelor's degree with great distinction from McGill University, and her J.D., magna cum laude, from Brooklyn Law School. Ms. Frost is licensed to practice law in New York.
Areas Of Practice
- Commercial Real Estate Transactions
- Joint Ventures
- Real Estate Development
- Real Estate Leasing
- Real Estate Finance
- New York, 2009
- Brooklyn Law School, Brooklyn, New York
- J.D. - 2008
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: Moot Court Honor Society
- McGill University
- B.A. - 2005
- CLE: Joint Venture Agreements, June 2020
Honors and Awards
- New York Super Lawyers, 2015 - Present