Alex M. Estis joined Rosenberg & Estis, P.C. in 2017 and is a Member with the firm's Litigation Department. Estis is one of the youngest attorneys in the firm's 45-plus year history to be promoted to Member one year after being named a year earlier as one of the youngest attorneys to be promoted to Of-Counsel.
Estis handles all matters of general commercial litigation, including landlord-tenant disputes, breach of contract, transactional disputes, real estate partnership disputes, brokerage commission actions, holdover proceedings, ejectment proceedings, loft litigation, owner occupancy actions, co-op/condo disputes, matters before the New York City Office of Administrative Trials and Hearings, such as the Environmental Control Board and Department of Health as well as the New York City Criminal Court.
Estis is known for handling complex litigation and finding creative solutions to issues presented in litigation and for being able to complete creative settlements to solve complicated disputes for his clients.
Estis received his J.D. from Brooklyn Law School in 2017, where he was awarded the Brooklyn Law School Pro Bono Award in recognition of his outstanding dedication to Public Service at the New York State Attorney General's Office. He earned his bachelor's degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Entrepreneurial Studies from Muhlenberg College in 2014.
Prior to joining Rosenberg & Estis, Estis was a Legal Intern with the New York State Attorney General's office in its Claims Bureau.
Areas Of Practice
- Commercial Lease Disputes
- Administrative Proceedings, including Office of Administrative Trial and Hearings, Environmental Control Board, and the Board of Standards and Appeals
- Co-op/ Condo Disputes
- Construction Disputes and Adjoining Access Issues
- Landlord /Tenant Disputes, including Yellowstone Injunctions
- Contract Disputes
- Partnership and Joint Venture Disputes
- Building Violation Resolution
- New York, 2018
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 2021
- Brooklyn Law School, Brooklyn, New York
- J.D. - 2017
- Honors: Brooklyn Law School Pro Bono Award, 2017
- Muhlenberg College, Allentown, Pennsylvania
- B.A. - 2014
- Honors: Dean's List