Adam R. Sanders joined Rosenberg & Estis, P.C. in 2016 and is a Member with the firm's Transactional Department. His practice focuses on representing clients in a wide variety of commercial real estate and business transactions and matters, including acquisitions and sales, financing, leasing, construction, portfolio structuring, cooperative and condominium boards representation, Local Law 97, New Markets Tax Credits, 1031 transactions and general corporate representation in the real estate, entertainment and web/technology industries.
Sanders is the firm's go-to expert for all matters concerning Opportunity Zones. Investors and real estate developers exclusively rely on him for program updates and comprehensive legal analyses, keeping them on the cutting edge of the program even before regulations are released.
Prior to joining Rosenberg & Estis, Sanders was Founder and Principal of Sanders Legal Group, PLLC. Before becoming an attorney, Sanders participated in Agent Training Program at William Morris Agency (Endeavor) and worked at SNL Studios (the feature film division of Saturday Night Live).
Sanders received a bachelor's degree in economics from the University of Pennsylvania and earned his J.D. from Georgetown University Law Center.
- Representation of New York based property owners and developers with acquisitions and developments of real property in and around New York City.
- Representation of opportunistic, value add multi-platform lenders in and around New York City.
- Representation of AIG Commercial Mortgage Lending Group in over $1 billion dollars of real estate financing for its mortgage lending portfolio.
- Representation of a general partnership with its acquisition and financing of various shopping centers in Mid-Atlantic States.
- Representation of over $350 million dollars in real estate financing for international banks and several real estate funds including Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation, DekaBank, and WestLB AG.
- Representation of a 26-property portfolio for a New York family real estate company.
- Representation of a multi-layered public and private construction financing transaction to build a new produce market in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Representation of commercial and residential acquisition and sale transactions in New York and the Northeast.
- Assisted New World Homes with the legal creation and implementation of a residential "green" modular homes joint venture and licensing program.
- Representation of Southwest regional banks on local New York matters, including financing and re-financing of New York properties.
- Representation of The Nature Conservancy - Adirondack Chapter on real estate matters on a pro bono basis.
- Representation of real estate developers and non-profit companies on the procedures and structure of the New Markets Tax Credit program, in addition to the preparation of their allocation application; and drafting of the New Markets Tax Credit allocation applications, including for a Nevada based real estate developer planning the largest and most technologically advanced healthcare community in the country.
- Representation of real estate developers, investors and non-profit companies on the procedures and structure of the Opportunity Zone program.
- General full-service representation of real estate, entertainment, healthcare, web and technology companies, non-profits and startups with on call assistance on matters effecting their immediate core business needs, including Lombardi's Pizza, Stealth Communications, Global Health Visions, Choice NY Property Management, Equity House LLC, Rock Paper Photo, SRS Entertainment, Jump Cut Creative, Good Thing, Kones by K and Terabit Media Corporation.
- Representation of authors, screenwriters and playwrights in connection with the development, production, protection, sale and licensing of their material and intellectual property rights, including Chris Camillo (Laughing At Wall Street), Ryan E. Long (Living On The Happy Edge of Anarchy & Dirty Quiet Money), and Jeanmarie Paolillo (vibe-a-thon: creating your life from the inside out).
- Representation of television and reality show personalities and producers in connection with the development, negotiation and drafting of their talent, production and publishing agreements, including Elise Wims Harris (Hell's Kitchen (Season 9), Hell's Kitchen All-Stars, Food Fighters and Apres' Ski), Melyssa Ford (Blood, Sweat and Heels), Kristine Tonkonow-The Konery (Restaurant Startup), and Leslee Heskiaoff - The Seton Hotel (Hotel Showdown).
- Representation of music production and publishing company concerning all business strategy, structure and contractual talent arrangements, including Purple Eagle Entertainment.
- Representation of various musicians and music groups with their contractual matters, including the bookings, licensing and protection of their intellectual property rights, including Madison Rising, B.Miles, Loose Buttons and Lights Out.
- Representation of wine and liquor related businesses with general corporate and real estate matters, including New York Vintners, Premier Cru, Seram America and Integrity Wines.
Areas Of Practice
- Acquisitions & Sales
- Joint Ventures
- Ground Leases
- Development Rights Transfers
- Opportunity Zones
- Construction Agreements
- 1031 Exchanges
- Loan Workouts / Restructurings
- New York
- District of Columbia
- Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, District of Columbia
- University of Pennsylvania
- “Amazon’s NY HQ Meets the Opportunity Zone Program,” New York Law Journal, February 2019
- “Opportunity Zones and the Impact of Amazon’s Arrival in LIC,” GlobeSt, December 2018
- “What Is An Opportunity Zone? – Rosenberg & Estis Member Adam Sanders Guest Contributor,” Hallmark Abstract Service LLC, October 2018
- Don't miss tax benefit deadline of Opportunity Zone program, Real Estate Weekly, October 30, 2019
- What Is An Opportunity Zone? - Rosenberg & Estis Member Adam Sanders Guest Contributor, Hallmark Abstract Service LLC, October 2018
- Global Leaders in Real Estate Summit, Panelist, October 2019
- "The Impact of Opportunity Zones: Stories from Revitalized Communities," Inaugural Opportunity Zones Forum, Panelist, March 2019
- "OZone Strategy: Investments, Acquisitions, and Expectations," BISNOW 2019 NYC Opportunity Zones Summit, Moderator, March 2019
- "Opportunity Zones 101: Everything you Need to Know," BISNOW's NYC 2019 Forecast, Moderator, December 2018
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Bar Association of the City of New York
- Virginia State Bar
- District of Columbia Bar
- Bar Association of the District of Columbia