William Byers joined Rosenberg & Estis in 2002 and is a member with the firm's Transactional Department. Since joining Rosenberg & Estis, he has worked on a myriad of both large and small transactions ranging from sales and purchases of office, apartment and mixed-use buildings to landlord and tenant representation in office, retail, restaurant, garage and ground leases, as well as grantor and grantee representation for complex multi-party easement agreements.
In addition to having an MBA, Mr. Byers previously worked at a corporate firm, which serves him well in drafting complex corporate documents such as operating, partnership and shareholder agreements, joint venture agreements, stock purchase agreements, and employment agreements for commercial real estate brokers.
- Represented The Durst Organization in connection with its negotiation with The Port Authority concerning a joint venture with regard to One World Trade Center.
- Represented multiple grantors in negotiating complex easement agreements with the City of New York, the MTA and the Hudson Yards Development Corporation pursuant to which a new subway station for the No. 7 subway line, park and related facilities will be built.
- Represented the Durst Organization in a multi-party office leasing transaction involving approximately 200,000 square feet and resulting in the restacking of existing tenants to accommodate a major tenant establishing its NYC headquarters. The transaction won the Real Estate Board of New York’s 2004 Henry Hart Rice Achievement Award as the most ingenious leasing transaction of the year.
- Represented Durst Fetner Residential in connection with a $42,000,000 acquisition of a residential apartment building in the Upper East Side from Mount Sinai School of Medicine and the development thereof. Negotiations also involved construction on additional sites in connection with a new laboratory facility for Mount Sinai, as well as a new residential tower to be owned by Mount Sinai.
- Represented the seller in the sale of a $430,000,000 office building in the Meat Packing District.
- Represented The Durst Organization in connection with its negotiation with SFA Properties concerning a joint venture with regard to residential acquisitions and development.
- Represented the seller in the sale of a $71,000,000 office tower in Midtown South.
- Represented the borrower in an $18,700,000 mezzanine financing for property at Historic Front Street.
- Represented the landlord in the leasing of a corporate campus in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The lease provided for, among other things, long term renewal options, expansion options and options to require the landlord to construct additional buildings over the term of the lease.
- Represented the borrower in connection with a $25,000,000 construction loan for property in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- Represented the purchaser in a $30,000,000 bulk purchase of 99 cooperative apartment units in West Greenwich Village and accompanying financing.
- Represented the seller in the sale of a $180,000,000 portfolio of residential apartment buildings in the Upper West Side.
Areas Of Practice
- Transactional Law
- Real Estate Leasing
- Real Estate Development
- New Jersey, 2000
- New York, 2001
- New York Law School, New York, New York
- J.D. - 2000
- Dowling College
- M.B.A. - 1996
- State University of New York at Stony Brook
- B.S. - 1994