Ryan E. Per joined Rosenberg & Estis, P.C. in 2022 and is Of Counsel with the firm's Transactions Department.
Ryan's practice focuses on all aspects of retail leasing transactions, representing tenants in the drafting and negotiation of retail leases and related documents (such as lease amendments, SNDAs, license agreements, lease termination agreements and estoppels) for space in regional shopping centers, outlet centers, lifestyle centers, mixed use centers and street locations for national and regional retail companies (private and public). He has extensive experience representing retail tenants in a variety of leasing transactions throughout the United States and Canada.
Prior to joining Rosenberg & Estis, Ryan was Senior Counsel with Ravid Law Group. Prior to joining Ravid Law Group, Ryan worked for 12 years as Associate Chief Real Estate Counsel for a women's and children's specialty clothing retailer that earned approximately $5 billion in revenue annually.
- Developed and oversaw litigation strategy to yield $1.35M in recoverable expenses by leveraging lease co-tenancy language for client's Ann Taylor store in Milford, CT. (Kleben Holding Co. LLC v. Ann Taylor Retail, Inc., 2013 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 168231 (D. Conn. Nov. 26, 2013))
- Hired expert commercial broker to facilitate sale of Ann Taylor's 256K sqft Distribution Center in Louisville, KY at a price of $10.25M, a 20% gain over expected value; retained and oversaw outside legal counsel, negotiated broker compensation, directed vendors in the removal and resale of multi-million-dollar material handling system.
- Negotiated first 7 leases for Ann Taylor's new Lou & Grey concept incorporating concept contingency and kick-out clauses for prime locations in major metropolitan areas, including flagship store on Fifth Avenue in NYC.
- Drafted lease for Ann Taylor's Lou & Grey flagship location inclusive of SNDA lease language and leveraged SNDA requirement when landlord was unable to meet those conditions resulting in $1M+ in annual cost savings over 15 years
Areas Of Practice
- New York, 2001
- New York Law School, New York, New York
- J.D. - 2000
- Honors: Moot Court
- The Ohio State University
- B.S. - 1996
- New York State Bar Association
- Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC)
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)