Jake W. Bedor joined Rosenberg & Estis, P.C. in 2020 and is an Associate with the firm's Litigation Department.
Mr. Bedor has extensive experience in all phases of litigation before New York State and federal courts. He has represented clients in a broad range of complex litigation, including claims involving breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, fraud and professional malpractice.
Prior to joining Rosenberg & Estis, Mr. Bedor was a Senior Associate with Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP.
- Secured Second Circuit affirmation of dismissal of breach of fiduciary duty and professional malpractice claims arising from client's legal representation of plaintiff in an underlying arbitration wherein plaintiff asserted the misappropriation of approximately $1 million in corporate funds by shareholders of a closely held corporation.
- Achieved favorable resolution of action asserting tortious interference with contract and violation of Judiciary Law 487(1) based on allegation that client submitted purportedly fraudulent DHCR filings to delay plaintiffs' construction of multi-story Madison Avenue condominium.
- Successfully defended breach of contract and fraudulent misrepresentation claims pertaining to the conditions of a newly constructed luxury apartment complex.
Areas Of Practice
- New York, 2009
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Western District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
- Brooklyn Law School, Brooklyn, New York
- J.D. - 2008
- The George Washington University
- B.A. - 2005
Past Employment Positions
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP, Senior Associate