Jake W. Bedor joined Rosenberg & Estis, P.C. in 2020 and is Counsel with the firm's Litigation Department.
Bedor has accumulated extensive experience in real estate litigation before New York State and federal courts. He has represented clients in a broad range of litigation, with a focus on complex mortgage and mezzanine foreclosures, breach of lease, and co-op shareholder actions.
Bedor earned a bachelor's from George Washington University in 2005 and a J.D. from Brooklyn Law School in 2008.
Prior to joining Rosenberg & Estis, Bedor was a Senior Associate with a prominent national law firm.
- Secured Second Circuit affirmation of dismissal of breach of fiduciary duty claims arising from client's legal representation of plaintiff in an underlying arbitration wherein plaintiff asserted the misappropriation of approximately $1 million in corporate funds by shareholders of a closely held corporation.
- Achieved favorable resolution of action asserting tortious interference with contract and violation of Judiciary Law 487(1) based on allegation that client submitted purportedly fraudulent DHCR filings to delay plaintiffs' construction of multi-story Madison Avenue condominium.
- Successfully obtained multimillion-dollar summary judgment in complex breach of lease action in the commercial division by defeating sophisticated COVID-19 defenses asserted by tenant.
- Represented iconic Manhattan hotel in a complex, multimillion-dollar foreclosure action.
- Successfully defended breach of contract and fraudulent misrepresentation claims pertaining to the conditions of a newly constructed luxury apartment complex.
Areas Of Practice
- Commercial Lease disputes
- Co-op / Condo disputes
- Foreclosure (Mezzanine and Mortgage)
- Landlord / Tenant Disputes, including Yellowstone Injunctions
- Contract Disputes
- New York, 2009
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Western District of New York
- Brooklyn Law School, Brooklyn, New York
- J.D. - 2008
- The George Washington University
- B.A. - 2005
Past Employment Positions
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP, Senior Associate