Anthony J. Virga joined Rosenberg & Estis, P.C. in 2012 and is a Member with the firm's Litigation Department. His practice involves residential and commercial real estate litigation, as well as commercial litigation. Virga specializes in landlord/tenant law and the Loft Law, and is experienced in guaranty collection actions and petitions to sell property owned by religious and not-for-profit corporations. He has represented clients before New York City Civil Court, New York City Office of Administrative Trials and Hearings, New York State Attorney General's Office, and New York State Supreme Court.
Virga received his bachelor's degree with a concentration on finance from Marist College, where he graduated magna cum laude, and earned his J.D. from St. John's University School of Law. Virga is licensed to practice law in New York.
Virga worked at Rosenberg & Estis as a Paralegal, Law Clerk and Associate before becoming Of Counsel.
- Matter of East Riv. Hous. Corp. v New York State Div. of Human Rights, 116 AD3d 562 (1st Dept 2014)
- Matter of East Riv. Hous. Corp. v New York State Div. of Human Rights, 47 Misc3d 1203(A) (Sup Ct, New York County 2014)
- Plaza Tower LLC v Ruth's Hospitality Group, Inc., Sup Ct, New York County, January 28, 2016, Schecter, J., Index No. 100279/13
- Matter of Tenants of 58 Grand Street, OATH Index No. 0212/15, June 24, 2016 (Spooner, ALJ)
Areas Of Practice
- Litigation (Real Estate)
- Litigation (Commercial)
- Landlord Tenant Law
- Loft Law
- New York, 2013
- St. John's University School of Law
- J.D. - 2012
- Marist College
- B.S. - 2007
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Show You the Money... How Will Depend on Your Note or Guaranty, New York Law Journal, 2019
Honors and Awards
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in the study of Land Use Planning, 2010
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in the study of Condominiums, Cooperatives and Homeowners' Associations, 2011
- Deans Award for Excellence in the study of Trusts and Estates, 2011
- Deans Award for Excellence in the study of Administrative Law, 2011