Amato's litigation practice spans a wide and complex range of matters, predominantly in the commercial and residential real estate space. He has litigated disputes arising from asset purchase agreements, operating agreements, and various loan documents, and frequently represents condominium and cooperative boards in disputes with unit owners and shareholders. He has also defended a class action lawsuit alleging breaches of the implied warranty of habitability due to alleged elevator-service interruptions in four luxury high-rise buildings in Manhattan.
Amato has experience in all aspects of litigation, such as reviewing, drafting, revising, and analyzing legal memoranda, including pleadings, briefs, letters, mediation statements, expert reports, settlement agreements, contracts of sale, guarantees, releases, and discovery documents. In addition to corresponding with courts, opposing counsel, and clients regarding ongoing matters, Amato ensures court documents are prepared, finalized, and e-filed in compliance with local rules and best practices.
Prior to joining Rosenberg & Estis, Amato was an Associate with Ganfer Shore Leeds & Zauderer LLP and Wade Clark Mulcahy LLP.
Areas Of Practice
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 2021
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 2021
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York, 2021
- New York, 2021
- St. John's University School of Law
- Honors: American Bankruptcy Institute Law Review
- Honors: Associate Managing Editor
- Honors: Intellectual Property Law Society
- Honors: President; New York Court of Appeals Fellow ’18
- Honors: Dean’s Scholarship
- Honors: IP Honors Scholar
- Syracuse University College of Law, Syracuse, New York
- Honors: S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications
- Honors: B.A. in Television, Radio & Film and Political Science
- “Start Spreading the News: A Primer on Cyber Legislation in New York,” Data and Security Dispatch, Vol. 6.1, May 2021
- “New York Legislature Considers Amending RPAPL 881,” New York Real Property Law Journal (forthcoming Spring 2023)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association
- New York City Bar Association