iGlobal Forum’s 8th Real Estate Mezzanine Financing Summit
Rosenberg & Estis, P.C. member, Eric S. Orenstein will be participating in iGlobal Forum’s 8th Real Estate Mezzanine Financing Summit on June 7th, 2018. With current low interest rates, new tax incentives and the traditional lending market getting tighter every day, high-yield debt looks extremely healthy. Institutional investors are holding more high-yield debt than even before 2008, but is this a sign the best years in this cycle are behind us? Debate the macroeconomic trends and changes from the new tax law guiding the current state of the capital stack as well as new exposure risks from HVADC and the best alternative asset classes and markets offering signs of growth following the halt in speculative construction lending. The event will bring together deal makers creating new lending structures as well as developers and bridge lenders offering mezzanine loans for the first time. There will be 150+ senior-level representatives from real estate mezzanine and senior lenders, private debt funds, credit funds, owners and developers, mortgage REITs, pension funds and endowments, sovereign wealth funds, private equity firms and investment banks.
Mr. Orenstein will be moderating the round table: LEVERAGING A NEW LAYER OF THE CAPITAL STACK- TAPPING INTO THE EB-5 PROGRAM TO INCREASE THE POTENTIAL OF YOUR REAL ESTATE PROJECTS.
· EB-5 capital – the benefits and pitfalls; what you need to know and to meet the required criteria
· Designing an EB-5 project framework – planning, capital security, terms of loan, terms of engagement and investment returns
· EB-5 capital process – key stakeholders, project requirements, legal obligations
· Strategies to raise capital for an EB-5 project – what are investors looking for?
· Legal considerations and strategies to maintain compliance
· The future of the EB-5 program under the new administration