Daniel M. Bernstein To Co-Chair 2019 Rent Law Seminar At NYC Bar Association
Panel Event to Address Housing Stability and Tenant Protection Act of 2019
For Immediate Release
Shea Communications, LLC
George Shea, Mark Faris (212) 627-5766
Daniel M. Bernstein, member with Rosenberg & Estis, P.C. and co-chair of the NYC Bar Association Committee on Housing & Urban Development, will oversee a CLE program on the Housing Stability and Tenant Protection Act of 2019 on Thursday, October 31st from 9 am – 12:15 pm. He will co-host the program with Jennifer Kubicki, an attorney with the New York City Department of Housing Preservation and Development.
The discussion will provide real estate stakeholders and attorneys up-to-date information and practice pointers about the generational changes to NYS housing laws and how it is affecting owners and tenants, borrowers and lenders, courts and government since its enactment in June of 2019. New York State Senator Zellnor Y. Myrie and RuthAnne Visnauskas, the Commissioner and CEO of New York State’s Division of Housing and Community Renewal, will deliver the keynote. Luise A. Barrack, Managing Member of Rosenberg & Estis, P.C., will appear as a panelist speaking on Housing Stability and Tenant Protection Act’s impact on landlords and tenants.
“The impacts of this far-reaching and often confusing act are extraordinary,” said Daniel M. Bernstein, member, Rosenberg & Estis. “Despite the focus on this issue during the past several months, the new rent laws require more explanation and clarification, including from the authors of the legislation, attorneys addressing its implementation and from real estate stakeholders affected by it.”
Topics & Panelists Scheduled to Appear Include
Panel I: HSTPA Impacts on Landlords and Tenants
- David Hershey-Webb – Partner, Himmelstein, McConnell, Gribben, Donoghue & Joseph LLP
- Ellen Davidson – Staff Attorney, Law Reform Unit, The Legal Aid Society
- Luise A. Barrack – Managing Member, Rosenberg & Estis, P.C.
- Professor Andrea McArdle – Professor of Law, CUNY School of Law (Moderator)
Panel II: HSTPA Impacts on Housing Development and Finance
- Malcolm Punter – President & CEO, Harlem Congregations for Community Improvement, Inc.
- Professor Richard M. Froelich – Adjunct Associate Professor, Columbia University
- Jeremy Shell – Principal and Executive Vice President, TF Cornerstone, Inc.
- Mark Willis – Senior Policy Fellow, NYU Furman Center
- Karen Sherman, Karen Sherman Law (Moderator)
Daniel M. Bernstein is a member and leader of the Rosenberg & Estis’ Tax Incentives & Affordable Housing Department. His practice involves affordable housing and urban development issues in New York, obtaining property tax exemptions and abatements, development rights bonuses and incentives/zoning requirements for New York City projects. The event will be held at the New York City Bar Association on 42 W 44th Street on Thursday, October 31 from 9:00 am – 12:30 pm.