Rosenberg & Estis, P.C. is pleased to announce the 2nd and final part of our 421-a Webinar Program has been scheduled for Wednesday, March 22 from 12pm – 1:30pm. Daniel M. Bernstein, Member and Head of R&E’s Tax Incentives & Affordable Housing Department, and Zachary J. Rothken, Member and Head of R&E’s Administrative Law Department, will discuss affordability, rent stabilization, deregulation and recent litigations. Additional topics include:
- Overview of Affordability requirements.
- Which Rent Stabilization requirements apply to particular types of 421-a benefits.
- Exemption from Rent Stabilization.
- Deregulation from Rent Stabilization.
- 421-a 2.2% Rent Surcharges.
- Recent litigation involving 421-a Buildings.
- Best practices.
- What to do if an investigation is initiated.
- Potential consequences for non-compliance.
We will continue to send program updates as we approach the webinar date. Click here to register.
421-a provides a valuable property tax exemption to thousands of NYC residential buildings in exchange for certain compliance obligations. 421-a Buildings have been the subject of increased scrutiny by NYC and NYS agencies. Owners, lenders, developers and their counsel will want to attend these webinars to focus on compliance, best practices and how to deal with potential investigations.