R&E members Nicholas Kamillatos and Michael E. Lefkowitz hosted lender seminars in January 2020 to discuss the major changes and impacts of the HSTPA of 2019. In addition to addressing the material changes to rent regulations enacted by the new laws, Nicholas and Michael presented which multifamily asset classes were directly affected, and how; which multi-family asset class values were enhanced; the effects on cash flow of existing portfolio properties, and what affected borrowers will be representing to lenders, and how to evaluate those borrower claims; how GSE secondary market has reacted; and best practices for underwriting, lender due diligence and loan documentation in response to all of the changes. The January Seminars follow the series which Nicholas and Michael offered to R&E’s friends and clients in spring of 2019.
- Appellate Panel Finds Brooklyn Court Wrongly Dismissed Landlord’s Petition Relating To A Newly Created Duplex Apartment
- Second Circuit Court Guaranty Law Challenge – Rosenberg & Estis, P.C. Amicus Brief Arguments Embraced By Appeals Court Judge
- City Planning Commission approves plan to rezone SoHo and NoHo
- NYC Developer Alert: 421-a & MIH Proposed Rule Amendments; Transit Improvement Bonus
- Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance Launches Landlord Rental Assistance Program