Patti Stone joined Rosenberg & Estis, P.C. in 1988 and is a member with the firm's Administrative Law Department. Ms. Stone has more than thirty years experience in New York City real estate. Her in-depth understanding of the day-to-day business needs of owners in New York City started with her work in real estate management for a major real estate owner and developer.
Ms. Stone joined Rosenberg & Estis in 1988 as an intern while attending law school. After graduation, she became an associate and six years later was made a member.
As a key member of the firm's Administrative Law department, Ms. Stone has successfully handled all types of cases before the New York State Division of Housing and Community Renewal, from the administrative level through appeals to the Supreme Court and the Appellate Division. Ms. Stone specializes in demolition applications, luxury deregulation, harassment proceedings and overcharge cases. Ms. Stone also handles applications before the New York City Department of Housing Preservation and Development for Certificates of No Harassment and provides advice and consultation regarding rent regulatory compliance with the Rent Stabilization Law to prospective purchasers of residential real estate.
Areas Of Practice
- Rent Regulation & Administrative Law
- New York, 1993
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1993
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1993
- Brooklyn Law School, Brooklyn, New York
- J.D. - 1992
- Brooklyn College of the City University of New York
- B.A. - 1980
- Demolition Seminar, Community Housing Improvement Program
- HSTPA 2019: Everything You Need To Know About Rent Reform, Speaker, July 2019