Richard B. Corde joined Rosenberg & Estis, P.C. in 2016 and is Of Counsel with the firm’s Litigation Department. Corde’s practice involves complex commercial and residential landlord-tenant litigation as well as contract and lease negotiations. Corde has experience representing residential and commercial landlords, developers, and tenants in a variety of disputes.
Corde earned his bachelor’s degree in Economics from Union College and his J.D. from Brooklyn Law School where he obtained a Certificate of Real Estate Law. Corde is licensed to practice law in New York.
Prior to becoming an Associate, Corde worked at Rosenberg & Estis as a Juris Doctor. While pending admission to the bar, he worked as a law clerk and a summer associate.
• Represented a developer in numerous buyout agreements with rent-regulated tenants to successfully deliver a vacant development
site for a high rise tower.
• Successfully obtained a judgment of possession for cooperative apartment owner in 7 yearlong holdover proceeding where Rosenberg & Estis was substituted in as counsel for owner.
• Represented owner of iconic Upper West Side residential building in lease negotiations relating to the phase-out of J-51 benefits.
• Represented REIT in negotiations with the Office of the Attorney General relating to the Americans with Disabilities Act.
• Successfully recovered $500,000.00 judgment for commercial landlord in holdover dispute with upscale steakhouse chain.
Areas Of Practice
- Real Estate Litigation
- Real Estate Administrative Law
- New York, 2016
- Brooklyn Law School, Brooklyn, New York
- J.D. - 2015
- Union College, Schenectady, New York
- Honors: Dean's List
- Let Freedom (of Contract) Ring: Yellowstone Waivers Are Enforceable, New York Real Estate Law Reporter, Volume 35, Number 8, 2019
- Of Counsel