Patricia Cleary joined Rosenberg & Estis, P.C. in 2014 and is of counsel with the firm’s Transactional department. Patricia regularly handles large, complex real estate transactions. Her every day practice involves negotiating and closing acquisitions, sales, financings, refinancings and recapitalizations on behalf of R&E's clients involving properties in New York City and other geographic regions.
- Represented two major New York City multifamily developers with respect to their acquisitions of leasehold positions in Brooklyn's Pacific Park, which included closing construction loans totaling approximately $629 million.
- Represented joint venture between New York City based developer and public company in connection with an acquisition loan in the amount of $82,750,000 under the Freddie Mac Optigo Program. The loan closed concurrently with a property acquisition for $137,000,000.
- Part of a team that structured a major recapitalization and construction financing of a hotel site on a ground lease in downtown Manhattan.
- Represented private real estate investment firm in joint venture with real estate investment fund for the acquisition of an office building in downtown Manhattan.
- Representation of joint venture purchaser of portfolio of 10 apartment buildings near Fordham University in the Bronx for a purchase price of $26,500,000 with financing in the amount of $19,800,000.
- Representation of a national shopping center investor in the purchase and sale of retail properties and 1031 exchanges across the United States.
- Representation of owner of shopping centers and office buildings in purchases and financings throughout New York City and Long Island.
- Represented owner of Brooklyn residential tower in permanent financing in the amount of $165,000,000.
- Represented owner of Morningside Heights residential tower in permanent financing in the amount of $145,000,000.
- Represented seller of a retail condominium unit on the Upper East Side of Manhattan in the sale thereof in the amount of $73,000,000 and subsequent acquisition as part of a 1031 exchange of leasehold position in the City Point project consisting of a mixed income affordable residential tower for a purchase price of $96,000,000 with financing in the amount of $58,000,000.
- Represented institutional investor in equity purchase and loan refinancing of properties in Philadelphia in the amount of $100,000,000.
- Represented purchaser of East Village condominium unit containing 54 residential apartments for a purchase price of $57,000,000 with financing in the amount of $31,000,000.
- Represented owner of a west side Manhattan apartment building in a $250,000,000 permanent financing.
- Represented long-time owner of primarily residential building in a $285,000,000 sale.
- Represented long-time owner of residential building in a $72,900,000 sale.
- Represented long-time owner in sale of two apartment buildings on the Upper East Side for $485,000,000.
- Represented owner in sale of development rights in Midtown.
- Represented of developer in purchase and subsequent sale of properties in East Village.
Ms. Cleary received her bachelor's degree in history and political science from Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey and her J.D. from Rutgers School of Law- Camden.
Areas Of Practice
- Transactional Law
- Real Estate Development
- Real Estate Finance
- Real Estate Leasing
- New Jersey, 2006
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 2006
- New York, 2007
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 2009
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 2009
- Rutgers School of Law - Camden, Camden, New Jersey
- J.D. - 2006
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
- B.A. - 2003
- Honors: Member, Phi Alpha Theta History Honors Society
- Major: History
- Major: Political Science
Honors and Awards
- Featured in New York Real Estate Journal’s Women in Real Estate Professional Spotlight issue, May 2020
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Member
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Member
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- Monmouth County Bar Association, Member
- New Jersey Women Lawyers Association, Member
- New York County Lawyers' Association , Member