Larry R. Mergentime joined Rosenberg & Estis in 2004 and is a member with the firm’s Transactional Department. Mr. Mergentime’s practice covers all areas of transactional real estate, including the acquisition, disposition, leasing, development and financing of a wide variety of assets, including office buildings, shopping centers and multi-family residential buildings. Mr. Mergentime also has significant experience in drafting, operating and joint venture agreements, as well as representing parties in the purchase and sale of high-end residential properties.
- Represented Atlas Capital Group in the $140 million acquisition of 15 Park Row, a 31-story, 330-unit rental apartment building located across from City Hall Park in Lower Manhattan. The property was acquired from Joe and Rachelle Friedman, former owners of the now-closed J&R Music World, a renowned retail destination at the base of 15 Park Row that became associated with the property. A Beaux Arts landmark, 15 Park Row was constructed in 1899. It and rises 391 feet and was the world’s tallest building. The building was landmarked in 1999 and added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2005. 15 Park Row was recently repositioned into luxury rental residences featuring 11-foot ceilings, high-end fittings and abundant amenities, including a fitness center, lounge, concierge, 24/7 doorman and laundry services. The property is located in close proximity to all major subway lines at the City Hall station, Fulton Street station World Trade Center.
- Represented Clover Park Development LLC, a joint venture between Klövern AB of Sweden and GDS Development Management (GDSNY), in its acquisition of 417 Park Avenue, a 14-story, full-service cooperative at the southeast corner of 55th Street. The acquisition included the purchase of the building’s 29 units for the aggregate price of $184,000,000, pursuant to separate contracts with individual shareholders. R&E handled the negotiation of the contracts of sale with the shareholders, the preparation and negotiation of post-closing occupancy agreements and the coordination of 29 pre-closings in 4 days in advance of the closing.
- Representation of multifamily investor in sale, purchase and financing of multifamily communities throughout the southeastern United States
- Handle all leasing for financial district class A office building
- Represent The Durst Organization on all phases of its joint venture, acquisition, development and financing of the 2.5 million square feet Halletts Point waterfront project in Astoria (which is to include 2,400 market-rate and affordable apartments), including the negotiation of joint venture operating agreements, development agreements and various agreements with City agencies.
- Represent owners in connection with the leasing of retail properties, which over the last 5 years, have included structuring and negotiating leases with Lululemon, TD Bank, Planet Fitness, Goyard, Vince, Soul Cycle and other luxury and restaurant tenants in the NY metropolitan area and across the country.
- Represented Cornell University in connection with the sale of a full-floor condominium unit to CUNY/Hunter in a state-of-the-art medical research being developed on the Upper East Side.
- Represent national shopping center investor in the purchase and sale of retail properties across the United States, including New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Florida, Missouri, etc.
- Represented family partnership in the sale of midtown Manhattan office building.
- Represented REIT in net lease of 220,000+ square foot retail shopping complex in Queens.
- Represented national retailer in buyout /surrender of Brooklyn anchor store lease.
- Represent purchasers and investors of high-end/luxury real estate, including local condominium and cooperative apartments and vacation homes.
Areas Of Practice
- Transactional Law
- Real Estate Leasing
- Real Estate Development
- Condominium/Cooperative Law
- Real Estate Financing/Joint Ventures
- New York, 2001
- Brooklyn Law School, Brooklyn, New York
- J.D. - 2000
- Honors: cum laude
- University of Michigan
- B.A. - 1997
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association, Real Property Law Section, Member