Mark N. Aloia joined Rosenberg & Estis, P.C. in 2015 as a member in the firm’s Transactional Department. Mr. Aloia handles transactions in New York City and throughout the United States for institutional clients and private owners, concentrating primarily in leasing, acquisitions and sales of commercial property as well as construction contracts. Mr. Aloia's representation has included complex matters such as development joint ventures, ground leases, recapitalizations, loan workouts, commercial tenant representation and shopping center leasing.
- New York, New York - Acted as special real estate counsel representing developer in connection with a ground lease amendment, a complex organizational restructuring and recapitalization, a $145 million construction and mezzanine financing and an amendment to hotel management agreement for a boutique international luxury hotel development in TriBeCa.
- New York, New York - Represented a major private investment firm in the acquisition and redevelopment of a midtown office building through a joint venture.
- New York, New York - Represented the landlord in connection with the leasing of high-visibility midtown retail space to an international restaurant group seeking an introduction to the New York City market.
- New York, New York - Represented Weill Cornell Medicine in numerous leases of general and medical office space, imaging space and educational centers and in other real estate matters throughout New York City.
- Brooklyn, New York - Represented international school in completing a 20-year lease for the entire 10-story 620,000 square foot unit in downtown Brooklyn.
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - represented developer in the acquisition of a development parcel.
- Brooklyn, New York - Represented major television network taking space under two leases totaling approximately 85,000 s/f in downtown Brooklyn and other leasing activity in Florida.
- Chester County, Pennsylvania - Represented an institutional joint venture partner in the leasing, redevelopment, subdivision and sale of a single tenant office building situated in a condominium office park.
- New York, New York - Represented a joint venture between two major universities in a 55,000 s/f expansion and amendment of its lease of 85,000 s/f within a condominium structure, including 14,000 s/f of grade and below grade mri imaging space.
- Brooklyn, New York - Represented global educational concern in the construction and leasing of a day care center and Montessori school within a newly constructed residential condominium in Williamsburg.
- Raleigh, North Carolina - Represented a major financial institution as landlord in multiple lease transactions in a suburban office park, including a 65,000 s/f office lease with a national tenant.
- New York, New York - Represented a private owner in the sale of an apartment building in the East Village.
- Corvallis, Oregon - Represented a fund in the sale of a research center near a major university.
- New York, New York - Represented major developer in redemption transaction involving an apartment building in Manhattan and a development site in Queens, New York.
- Windsor, Connecticut - Represented a major financial institution as landlord in multiple lease transactions in a suburban office park.
- New York, New York - Represented an international real estate company as Landlord in its leasing of office space throughout midtown Manhattan.
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - Represented a foreign investment group in the acquisition of two buildings in Philadelphia, through a joint venture/recapitalization and TIC transfer.
- Westbury, New York - Represented institutional lender in a deed-in-lieu transaction on a ground leased parcel in Nassau County, New York.
- New York, New York - Represented a general contractor in the renovation of a converted loft building in downtown New York.
- New York and Louisiana - Represented a not-for-profit institution in the receipt of a gift and subsequent sale of interests in entities owning real estate.
- Queens, New York - Represented family real estate office in the acquisition and leasing of an office building with ground floor retail in Queens, New York.
- New York, New York - Represented an international developer in a joint venture with a large Japanese concern for the development of a residential project in New York City.
- Melville, New York - Represented a major financial institution in the sale of a suburban multi-tenanted office building.
- Brooklyn, New York - Represented a bank in a construction loan for a housing development in Williamsburg.
Prior to joining Rosenberg & Estis, Mr. Aloia served as Business Unit General Counsel at Aegon USA Realty Advisors, LLC, the real estate asset manager of the global insurance company Aegon/Transamerica. There, Mr. Aloia was the Company's lead US equity real estate attorney for almost two decades, handling numerous transactions and supervising and managing the purchase, sale, development, leasing and operation of a large national portfolio that included performing retail, office and warehouse properties, as well as distressed assets and loans. In addition to his role as lead equity counsel, Mr. Aloia oversaw the commercial mortgage transactions for the northeast region which were originated from the Company's New York City lending office.
Prior to joining Aegon, Mr. Aloia spent close to a decade in private practice, before being asked to join his client in-house.
Areas Of Practice
- Transactional Law
- New York, 1989
- Hofstra University School of Law, Hempstead, New York
- J.D. - 1988
- Stony Brook University
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: Liberal Arts
- Updated Value-Add Strategies to Rethink the Buy-Rehab-Sell Game, New York Multifamily Summit, October 2020
- CLE: Introduction to Tenant Representation - Initial Considerations, May 2020