Isabel D. Knott joined Rosenberg & Estis, P.C. in 2022 and is an Associate with the firm's Litigation Department.
Knott's practice is focused on business and commercial litigation, with an emphasis on construction, real estate, and contractual disputes, as well as appellate and alternative dispute resolution advocacy. She represents owners, construction developers, architectural and engineering firms, trade contractors, and other professionals in construction claims and complex business disputes. Her previous practice focused on complex commercial disputes in the State and Federal courts in New York and, prior to that, federal regulatory disputes and commercial litigation in the higher courts in Australia.
Prior to joining Rosenberg & Estis, Knott was an Associate with Wasserman Grubin & Rogers LLP.
- Second chair in successful defense of appeal to New York Court of Appeals in 159 MP Corp. v Redbridge Bedford, LLC regarding waiver of injunctive relief and public policy defenses to contract.
- Lead associate in successful mediation of breach of contract and successful defense against application for preliminary injunction seeking specific performance of subcontractor agreement.
- Defense of top 3 Australian banking and financial institution in federal class action alleging misleading and deceptive conduct, and corporations law violation under Australian federal law.
Areas Of Practice
- New York, 2018
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 2019
- Supreme Court of Victoria, Australia, 2005
- High Court of Australia, 2005
- Oxford University Faculty of Law, Oxford
- Bachelor of Civil Law - 2013
- Honors: Law Faculty Prize for Philosophical Foundations of the Common Law
- Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
- B.A. - 2004
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Honors: Brian Benjamin Prize for Trusts 2002, Australian Institute of Administrative Law Essay Prize (Monash University), 2003
- Latrobe University, Faculty of Law, Faculty Tutor (Administrative Law), 2008.
- University Of Melbourne, Queen’s College, Tutor (Torts, Dispute Resolution, Media Law), 2007.
Pro Bono Activities
- Oxford Pro Bono Publico, Graduate Researcher, Faculty of Law, University of Oxford (Oxford, United Kingdom), Feb 2014 – Aug 2013.
- Refugee Legal, Volunteer Lawyer (Melbourne, Australia), 2006 – 2012.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association Commercial & Federal Litigation Section, Publications Committee, Deputy Editor (New York, NY), Jun 2021 – present.
- New York State Bar Association Commercial & Federal Litigation Section, Litigation Academy Committee, Co-Chair (New York, NY), 2022.
- New York State Bar Association Commercial & Federal Litigation Section, Executive Committee Member (New York, NY), 2019.