Richard B. Corde joined Rosenberg & Estis, P.C. in 2016 and is an associate with the firm's Litigation Department. Mr. Corde's practice involves complex commercial and residential landlord-tenant litigation as well as contract and lease negotiations. Mr. Corde has experience representing residential and commercial landlords, developers, and tenants in a variety of disputes.
- Represented a developer in numerous buyout agreements with rent-regulated tenants to successfully deliver a vacant development site for a high rise tower.
- Successfully obtained a judgment of possession for cooperative apartment owner in 7 yearlong holdover proceeding where Rosenberg & Estis was substituted in as counsel for owner.
- Represented owner of iconic Upper West Side residential building in lease negotiations relating to the phase-out of J-51 benefits.
- Represented REIT in negotiations with the Office of the Attorney General relating to the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Successfully recovered $500,000.00 judgment for commercial landlord in holdover dispute with upscale steakhouse chain.
Mr. Corde earned his bachelor's degree in Economics from Union College and his J.D. from Brooklyn Law School where he obtained a Certificate of Real Estate Law. Mr. Corde is licensed to practice law in New York.
Prior to becoming an associate, Mr. Corde worked at Rosenberg & Estis as a Juris Doctor. While pending admission to the bar, he worked as a law clerk and a summer associate.
Areas Of Practice
- Real Estate Litigation
- Real Estate Administrative Law
- New York, 2016
- Brooklyn Law School, Brooklyn, New York
- J.D. - 2015
- Union College, Schenectady, New York
- Honors: Dean's List
- Let Freedom (of Contract) Ring: Yellowstone Waivers Are Enforceable, New York Real Estate Law Reporter, Volume 35, Number 8, 2019