Casey J. Rahn joined Rosenberg & Estis, P.C. in 2021 and is an Associate with the firm's Litigation Department.
Rahn represents Owners, Developers, Government Entities, Contractors, Construction Managers, and other parties in the construction industry in litigation, arbitration and mediation matters concerning commercial, residential and infrastructure construction projects. He has implemented internal compliance programs, investigative reviews and crisis management planning initiatives for construction clients in the white collar criminal and regulatory fields. Rahn has drafted, negotiated and interpreted a wide range of construction contracts, including construction management agreements, AIA documents, public and private settlement agreements, licensing agreements, property access agreements, mutual waivers of release, professional service and consulting agreements, corporate dissolution agreements, risk allocation and statutory compliance assessments.
Prior to joining Rosenberg & Estis, Rahn was an Associate with Peckar & Abramson, P.C.
- Represented construction manager in a $1 billion construction claim arising out of Superstorm Sandy
Areas Of Practice
- New York, 2018
- New Jersey, 2020
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 2019
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 2019
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, New York, New York
- J.D. - 2017
- University of Massachusetts, Amherst, College of Social and Behavioral Sciences
- B.A. - 2011
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: UMass Men’s Varsity Lacrosse Team, Captain; Chi Alpha Sigma National Student Athlete Honors Society
- Building Trades Employers Association Construction Site Safety Committee, Member, 2019 to Present
- Building Trades Employers Association Subcommittee for the Legalization of Marijuana, Member, 2021 to Present
- Understanding Your Client’s Corporate and Project Structure – American Bar Association Forum on Construction Law Annual Program – Co-Author - April 12, 2018
Pro Bono Activities
- NYCBA Consumer Bankruptcy Project – City Bar Justice Center
Classes and Seminars
- Associated General Contractors (AGC) New York State: Impacts of Marijuana in Construction: Panelist – June 8, 2021
- Recreational Marijuana’s Present and Future Impacts on Construction Managers and General Contractors in the NY/NJ Construction Market – Seminar - October 14, 2021