Joshua Kopelowitz joined Rosenberg & Estis in 2007 after spending over three years litigating a broad range of areas including family law, criminal defense and trial of significant tort and insurance matters.
He is part of the firm's real estate litigation group and handles all areas of complex litigation including commercial and residential landlord/tenant disputes, HP proceedings and Yellowstone Injunctions. In addition, he is often sought out to aid clients in securing monies from debtors to satisfy outstanding judgments.
Mr. Kopelowitz's extensive array of experience allows him to be a "full service" attorney to his clients and a resource to colleagues.
Mr. Kopelowitz routinely litigates before the New York State trial courts, as well as the American Arbitration Association and the Office of Administrative Trials and Hearings.
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- Litigation (Commercial)
- Litigation (Real Estate)
- Landlord Tenant Law
- Condominium/Cooperative Law
- New York, 2004
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 2006
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 2006
- Brooklyn Law School
- J.D. - 2003
- Indiana University
- B.S. - 2000
- “Who Is Responsible For Eradicating Bedbugs?,” New York Law Journal, February 9, 2012
- 679 Realty, LLC v. Smith-Bernet, Inc., 2011 WL 1480905 (2011), 2011 N.Y. Slip op. 30943(U) (N.Y. Sup. Ct. 2011)
- Flushing Expo, Inc. v. New World Mall, LLC, Sup. Ct. Queens Co. Index No. 28443/11
- Rivera v. Tannenbaum, Civ. Ct. N.Y. Co. L&T Index No. 72398/11
- Bauman v. McKenna, Civ. Ct. N.Y. Co. L&T Index No. 50305/11